lunes, 26 de marzo de 2012

BLOG OF THE WEEK, What's Cookin, Goodlookin!?

Author: Japna Sodhi

Blog: What's Cookin, Goodlookin!?

COUNTRY: INDIA

INDIA FASHION BLOGS

Interview

How did you get the idea to create your blog?

I've wanted to start writing a fashion blog for almost two years. I just never had the time since I was in an advertising job with irregular working hours. Wherever I went people would ask me where I bought my clothes, and my friends would always ask me for tips, and advice. So when I quit my job before getting married last year, it was the perfect time to take on this new adventure of being a fashion blogger.

How would you describe your style?

My style is greatly influenced by the 50's and 60's. It's a little proper, and preppy and lady like.. But I also really like to mix that up with a fiesty Bohemian vibe through loud colours, crazy accessories, and just a fun approach to everyday dressing up.

What other blog, if you have one, inspires you in a special way and would you recommend? Besides LOOK 10 of course.

I just LOVE The Man Repeller. I think she has just a crazy sense of humour, and that translates into everything she does.. wether it's her blog posts, her outfits, or her brand collaborations.

Who or what has been your greatest fashion inspiration and do you feel influenced by the trends?

My Mum has always been my Goddess of all things fashion. If there is one thing that I've learnt from her style, its that one must always stay true to their own personality. And that's the rule I always follow... the trends merely provide inspiration for experimenting and making your own personal style better. They give you a better understanding of what works for you and what doesn't.

Do you think fashion blogs might influence big brands and of course designers and creators?

Fashion blogs are already, changing the way that big brands think. The bloggers provide a direct line of contact between their readers and brands. And increasingly they are becoming influencers in fashion and shopping choices.


How do you value the fashion market in your country? Do you think it's on an international level?

India really is a growing market, and I think that the world is only now waking up to it. But at the level that it is growing, the market is going to change really quickly, and at a fast pace.


Are you now with any project in hands that can lead you to where you want to be in the fashion world?

Right now I'm just freelancing, and working on bettering my blog. But I'd love collaborate with other bloggers, and brands.

Finally, would you like to add anything else or what’s the one question you wish people asked you but you’ve never had the opportunity to answer?

I think that if someone were to ask me one question.. It would be "What's Cookin, Goodlookin!?" .... That's why I chose that as a name for my blog. Because we're all creative in some way or another, amd it's what's cookin in our heads that makes us who we are. Lastly I'd be obliged to have the readers of LOOK10 take a look at my blog, and leave me some love.

And that’s it, thank you very much and all the best to your blog.

Translated into English by: The Seeker

6 comentarios:

SonaUzunyan dijo...

Hi, thanks for your comments on my blog.
I like your blog and style too:)
What exactly did you want me to send to you? Some fresh looks:)?
I cam email you them...
Thanks
Sona
info@sonauzunyan.com

teresweetstyle dijo...

que trabajazo mas genial, siempre asii! :P

besos

X dijo...

Sona:
After going through your site.
Thanks for commenting.
Greetings.

X dijo...

Tere:
Me alegro que te guste, gracias por tu apoyo.
Besos cielo, buen día.

Talent's Sister dijo...

Un blog muy interesante! Me ha encantado mucho pasear alli! Tiene muchas ideas nuevas y originales en elegir la prenda para sus looks.

X dijo...

Talent's Sister:
Muchas gracias por comentar, es bonito saber de ti.
Besos desde España

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FEEDJIT

Documento sin título

 

 

GRACIAS POR TU VISITA